Paper Writing Service Talks About Writing a Descriptive Essay
A descriptive essay is an essay where you describe a person, a thing, a place, an event or anything that you want to share to your reader. One should take note that a descriptive essay is different from a narrative essay. You are talking about what something looks like or feels like in a descriptive essay while you are telling a story when writing a narrative essay.
Paper Writing Service Gives Tips on Writing a Descriptive Essay
Writing a descriptive essay can be daunting if you don’t know what to do or how to describe what it is that you have to describe. Here are some tips to remember when you write a descriptive essay:
- Identify the questions that you have to answer when writing your essay. What are you describing? If it is an object, what does it look like? If it is a place, what do you see in that place? If it is an event, what happened at the event? If it is food, what does it taste like? Knowing what questions to answer will help in identifying how you will go about in your essay.
- Move from general to specific. Feel free to talk about the topic on a general level then move to the more specific details of the topic.
- Do not bombard your essay with figures of speech. Having too many similes or metaphors will only confuse your readers and give them a harder time in trying to visualize what you are describing.
- Make use of imagery. This one is in line with the first point mentioned. Try to imagine what you are describing in your mind and find the words to relay it to your readers. Try to use your five senses in describing the object at hand.
- Use adjectives and adverbs. This gives more color to your essay. Keep in mind that you should not go overboard with adjectives and adverbs.
There you have it! That is advice on writing a descriptive essay from Paper Writing Service.