If you were asked to write an essay about field trips, then you may be looking for field trip ideas essay. Remember that your essay will let you teacher assess what you have learned on the trip and will want to ensure that you’ve learned something from the trip. So, how do you write an essay about your field trip? Check out the following guide and writing college papers will be a piece of cake for you.
Field Report Writing Process
- Start with a sentence about the place where you went on the field trip. Write details about this sentence by talking about how the tour relates to what you’re studying (science…), study area focused on the trip (biology…) and tasks you have completed during the field trip.
- Write a main topic or topic sentence for a new paragraph about any particular thing you have learned. Also, you should mention how you have learned this something. You should also discuss how the knowledge corresponds to the things that you have learned in your class.
- Write another paragraph just as how you did for this one, and it must cover any additional points in your essay. But then, you should write another paragraph with the same format and with a new topic sentence for any other additional that you want to highlight in your paper.
- Write your conclusion that will summarize the things you have discussed. You should also write sentences to highlight the trip’s value and your learning. Finally, you should mention how you’re planning to use what you have learned from the field trip.
Field Trip Report Tips
- Brainstorm: Think of how you will outline your field trip ideas in the essay. You should list down everything that comes to your mind and you don’t need to edit yourself at this point.
- Outline: Make an outline, giving you an idea how you will present your ideas in the paper. You can make use of the 5-paragraph essay formula (introduction, 3-body paragraphs and conclusion).
- Write: Use the tips above in writing.
- Proofread and edit: Check for grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes.
Cool Ideas for Field Trips
- Local TV Station
- Historical Sites
- Fire Department
- Daily Newspaper Office
- 4-H Fair